Czarens Hus – The Tsar House

Named after the Russian Tsar Peter the Great who visited Nykøbing Falster in July 1716, The Tsar’s House is the towns’s landmark. The half-timbered house was built in the 1690′. Some archaeological researches suggested the place was already used in the 1200 to house merchants and servants. The first known owner was Ivar Rosenfeldt, who…